Wednesday, October 12, 2005

FORGOTTEN NATION


The Yezidi people one of important Iraqi nation , they live in north of Iraq with other Iraqi nations and they live in villages and small cities , As Yezidi nation was forgotten and still is for new government . Ask every one who visited SinJar one of Iraqi city in north west of Iraq ?
Every5 villages have one school without any condition . each school has no more than 4 teachers .
Winter is big problem with unpaved roads almost no move in these villages , if any kid gets sick they have to wait or takes long time to get him to nearst clinic. Many villages are poor for running water , they drink unpure water . Some villages has no elecricity lines so they have no elecricity equipment . Some villages has no school kids over there know nothing about education .
Most of Yezidi people are farmers after despairing from Iraqi consecutive governments . In Saddam time they suffered with other Iraqis but Saddam was punishing every nation type of punishment , The Yezidis punishment was forgetting them , perventing most services and leading whole generation to ignorance .
Yezidi people are very good and kind , you can visit them and see their situation .

8 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in a village with 4 yazidi villages surrounding it, that's 20 miles to the north of Mosul and they are very nice people and we lived in harmony with them for hundreds of years,and through years of change in the 70s and 80s, they didn't get that much attention from the government.

they didn't have a health clinic and they had to come to my village (the clinic was biuld in the 1950s) if they had a sick person ( that's 2-4 miles journey in a not paved road).

they had elementary schools in these villages but no high school and they had to come to my village to have more than elementary school education, but even the some of them who lives in my village they don't let their female children to study beyond 6Th grade (was mandatory by the government) and male children beyond 9Th grade, then they force the females to marry older men when they are as young as 12 years old and the males children will be forced to work in the family farms.
there was no paved roads into these villages or inside the villages.

tacking them to the 21 century will be a long journey

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Morbid Smile said...

Hi,
My name is Haneen. My blog is among the other Iraqi bloggs. I found your blog as I was surfing the web and I liked it. You write about an important issue that many people around the world don't know. I hope that many people would visit your blog to read about how children live in Iraq under these bad circumstances, and in the same time how can they be very strong and creative!


I hope you would visit my blog when you can :)


Peace for you...

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morbid Smile, I would like to visit your Blog too. Can you leave a comment here with your Blog's URL? I spent time near Sinjar and I got to know many Yezidi men and children. The children are like all children in Iraq, wonderful kids in spite of their living conditions. Their fathers and mothers love their children just like all mothers and fathers love their children. What I noticed about most Yezidi people are they are peaceful and hard working people. Also, they seem to like pool since many villages have a pool hall.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

click on the name and you will go her profile then scroll down to get her blog then click on it

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Morbid Smile said...

Hi again, in case you couldn't find my blog's URL in my profile, here is it www.bintal3raq.blogspot.com

I linked to this page in my blog, I hope you don't mind it :)

And welcome to my blog anytime!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger ChildrenVoiceIraq said...

thank you for all comments I will continue with more real stories . Alaa

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first learned about the Yezidi people from a wonderful article on Michael Yon's blogspot. He visited a Yezidi village and was treated to a wonderful dinner, and shared his experience in meeting these gentle people.

Thank you for adding to our awareness of these people.

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they deserve tha attention that the other parts of Iraq do. For some reason, I wonder why they are being ignored. These people are willing to change and move on. Perhaps a little love should be given to them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home